Generally focus theology and ritual, etc., around the worship of the Goddess and the Old Gods (or the Goddess alone).
- Believe in and follow a code of ethics compatible with that of the Covenant.
- Have been meeting monthly or more often for at least six months.
- Have three or more members who have been formally accepted into the clergy.
- Be a cohesive, self-perpetuating group
Becoming a Member
- Begin getting to know the members of DLC
- Obtain two letters of recommendation from current members of DLC or COG. At least one of these should be from a member of DLC.
- Write a statement of practice.
- Complete the membership application
- Send the letters of recommendation, application, and statement of practice to the local council membership officer.
- The Board of Dogwood Local council will review the materials at the next board meeting.
- If approved, the membership officer will contact the other covens in the local council to ensure no one has objections.
- The membership officer sends the full application packet to the National Membership Officer.
- The National Membership Officer sends the statement of practice and letters of recommendation to the Publications Officer for publication in the next sabbat's newsletter. The NMO also sends the application fee to the National Pursewarden for deposit.
- Once published in the newsletter, there is a ninety day waiting period during which members can raise objections if they have them. If there are none, the applicant is welcomed into the Covenant of the Goddess and Dogwood Local Council with the next newsletter publication.